Great ideas and an excellent product or service are an important start to a business, but those ideas, standards and qualities are of no use if people don’t know about them. Sustaining a business requires more than just high quality. You will need to know how to get the word out about your product or service to those who are looking for the solutions you have to offer. These tips will help you to take effective action to achieve that.
1. Keep your website updated, and make sure that your content is timeless – this will encourage visitors to stay on your page. Out of date information will result in the majority of visitors leaving your website within seconds. The more time visitors spend on your website, the more likely they are to buy from you.
2. Make sure your sentences are concise. Keep them to an average of between 13 and 16 words. People lose interest and concentration if there is a lot of extraneous information. Grab their attention by being clear and to the point.
3. Keep your content simple and easy to understand. You may think that you’re showing off your knowledge by using technical language; but the truth is, it usually just drives people away. Making your language easy to read and simple to understand will help to keep visitors coming back.
4. Keep the appearance of your website clean and simple. Never use more than 3 different fonts, and no more than 3 colors. No matter how pretty a page looks, if it looks complicated and is not easy to read, visitors will move on. Make sure that your visitors do not have to go hunting around your site in order to find the important information. Keep the most important information on the homepage where it is easily accessible. The idea is to focus on quality instead of quantity.
5. Your logo should be striking but simple, and should be prominently featured on all of your material, including your business cards and website pages. Make sure your logo is unique, and that it will remind people of your business immediately when they see it. It is worth taking time over your logo design, and running it by a range of different people to get their feedback before you settle on your final choice.
6. Create a concept sketch with a team to establish a clear overview of the way you want your site to look. This will allow you to add details and stay on track for creating the website you want.
7. Emphasize the words “simple” and “easy” in your sales copy, product descriptions and other marketing content. People are looking for easy, stress-free ways of gaining the solution to whatever their problem is. For example, making a point of describing your ordering feature as fast and easy can help to encourage people to order from you rather than your competition.
8. Get permission from your most respected and famous clients or customers to share their names on your website. People are more likely to order from a business they know has been used by others they respect or have heard of.
9. Test, test, and test again. Don’t take any chances on your website failing at the crucial moment. Before you make your website public, test all aspects of it, including the ordering system, to make sure that everything is working efficiently and quickly.
Taking the time to prepare your website effectively, planning and putting these tips into practice will make all the difference to your online business success. With the knowledge you have gained here, and your determination to take action, you will be surprised at how simple and easy the process can be. Although internet marketing can be overwhelming with hit-and-miss results, putting the right strategy in place from the beginning will help you to get ahead of the game and succeed in achieving effective results for your business without the stress.